Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weekend

Without an apartment, all of the teachers out of town this weekend and limited financial resources we've been at a loss with what to do with ourselves for almost the entire weekend. We've spent a lot of time in our room watching Friends and Korean television. I've written, knitted and read... I can't wait to move into our apartment on Monday. It's a pretty decently sized place, although it might take it a while to make it homey. There's plenty of room for visitors! (so come on over!) When we get moved in I'll try to do a video tour of the place and post it on here for all of you curious folk.
The food here is certainly stretching my taste buds to new levels of spicy. The Koreans love spice on everything. I can't understand the appeal myself... but I've been eating spicy foods anyway.
We've been working on learning the Korean alphabet, which, to tell the truth, isn't that hard. It's a very logical system of symbols. Of course, being able to read it in no way helps us understand what the signs mean, but that's okay.
Looking forward to doing something this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment