Tuesday, September 22, 2009

hey, hey mr. postman

Two slightly mediocre, yet exciting things have happened so far this week. First: WE GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL!! When we got into Kid’s College Monday morning it was waiting for us. It was so great to get a little taste of home from our friend’s letter and although it sounds cheesy, it truly did brighten up my entire day! Feel free to send letters all of you. It would make me very happy and I might even write back. =)
The second momentous occurrence just took place, I finished knitting my scarf! It’s a little rough in places, but I finished! Maybe I’ll wear it tomorrow. It’s starting to get cool enough so that I can wear things like scarves and long sleeves without discomfort. I wish the weather would stay like this, but I know that it will soon get uncomfortably freezing. Oh no! Not winter!
Today one of my students threw a temper tantrum. He’s one of my international students, and I swear he’s got more pheromones than normal because he’s more moody that I am when I’m PMSing. One minute he can be fine and pleasant, but the next he will be screaming, “I hate you! I hate you!” It’s very frustrating and trying to get him to do his work is ridiculously hard. I blame it on the insane amount of stress they put on kids here. After Korean school in the mornings, the kids have to go to English school, piano, ballet, taekwondo, violin etc. Some kids are out of the house from seven in the morning till eight or nine at night. The adults aren’t much better. Korea is a nation of workaholics. Work is your life. That’s just the way it is here. All of us Americans seem lazy by comparison, but I don’t care. I need a life outside of work. It’s healthy.

Modeling my new scarf!

Scarf and the letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment