Tuesday, November 30, 2010

home sweet home

I know my updates here have been, erm, sparse in the past few weeks and that is because--- drumroll--- WE'RE HOME!!
That's right, ladies and gentlemen, David and I are back in the US of A. Our final flight from Nairobi back to the States was, for the most part, uneventful. We got into Charlotte, NC, spent the night at a friends house and then drove down to Charleston SC to surprise my family! It was so good to get home and be with them! We picked up my brother at college and then drove to my parents house. We surprised them all pretty well. :)
Now that we're back, we're settling into normal life. David is working on his photography business and internship while I'm seeking out a big-girl job. Slowly and surely things are falling into place. We've gotten an apartment in downtown Charleston, I've had several job interviews, David found a photographer to follow.
Soon I hope to post a blog on Charleston and its beauty. In the meantime, I've been working on establishing a writing blog to help build my platform and audience as an author. You can visit it here. Also don't forget to visit David's photo blog.
Thanks for being such a faithful follower of our travels. The adventures can only continue as we attempt to settle into "real life." At least for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment