Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Dialogue (II).

[Scene]: I’m coloring with my kindergarteners when the conversation takes an obscure turn.

Kid: Teacher, what’s the bad guy’s name?

Me: Bad guy?

Kid: Yeah, Jesus’s bad guy.

Me: Um, Satan?

Kid: Yeah! Satan! Halloween is Satan’s day, right, teacher?

Me: [trying to figure out how to explain Halloween] Um…

Kid: Mommy and Daddy say it’s very bad.

Me: [trying to divert the conversation in a different direction] Are you excited about music class later?

Kid: What song are we singing?

Me: “Puff the Magic Dragon.”

Kid: How does that go?

I hum “Puff the Magic Dragon”

Kid: Oh! Oh! I know! That’s a Jesus song!

Me: I don’t think so…

Kid: Yes! It is! It’s on my Jesus CD!

Me: Okay then…

What can I say? School is rarely boring. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment