Thursday, February 11, 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

The countdown is on: graduation is in fifteen days. This means that half of our mornings are spent rehearsing this year's school play, The Wizard of Oz. I always enjoyed the movie as a kid. I loved the way Glinda's dress sparkled and I was enamored with Dorothy's shoes. The fact that the lion, tin man and the scarecrow all looked like real people didn't bother me in the least. And the flying monkeys... they were much more fascinating than terrifying. Yet hour after hour of coaching children to say their lines ("be LOUDER! and MOVE AROUND for goodness sake!) has sapped a bit of the charm out of the whole storyline. I must say though, that the play is shaping up. I'm sure that by the time the parents see it it will be something to clap over.
This week has been dreary- the type where you want to curl up in your bed and sleep all day. Unfortunately, teachers don't have the luxury of sleep. I wish they had a naptime class. I seem to remember having one as a child. Of course, at that time, I hated it.
I might be getting a whole new class come March. We'll see. Things at Kid's College change so quickly and so often that nothing is certain. David's class is definitely graduating, so he'll be getting new children.
I had two children lose their teeth in my class last week. I've never felt more like a mother than in the moment of telling them to gurggle the water and wrap their baby tooth in a wad of Kleenex.

Things to look forward to:
Skiing this weekend in Pheonix Park! Woohoo!
Dad and Aunt Julie are arriving in two weeks! Oh boy!

Sorry the post has been so scant. Such is life...

No comments:

Post a Comment