Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goodbyes

I was a mess today. I'll be the first to admit it. It was our last day at Kid's College, which was indeed very bittersweet. I was doing fine, setting up for the day and preparing lessons, when the first busload of kids came in. One of my boys came in with the saddest look on his face. I picked him up and took him to teachers' room where he sat on my lap and snuggled for about five minutes. The thought of leaving him took over and brought me to tears. The fact that he was so sad made it even worse.
I was doing well throughout the day. My boys kept climbing on me and hugging me much more than usual.
When the final bell rang I lost it. I hugged each of my boys extra hard. It was so difficult to let them go. To know that I might not see any of them again. One of the mothers came and started crying because I was crying.
But they had to leave. And I had to let them.

Just the first in a series of hard farewells as we start of on the new, next adventure. In about 36 hours we head out to New Zealand and our first farm there. I'm so excited to get on with this new chapter. It's just closing out the old ones that hurts so bad sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment